Fourth Grade Mathematics
by Donna Simmons
In stock (can be backordered)
This 67 page book includes chapters on the following:
- an overview of 4th grade mathematics;
- practical matters such as using workbooks, worksheets, calculators, manipulatives and children's literature;
- content for 3 main lessons;
- factorization and prime numbers;
- comparing, rounding off and estimation;
- number journeys (mental math);
- word problems;
- area and perimeter;
- active math and games;
- the advanced math student;
- plus 45+ pages of tear-out blackline masters and worksheets.
We do not simply outline subjects: we give examples of problems; show how to move from simple to more complex; and give actual examples of word problems, number patterns and much more.
We are very pleased with this curriculum and believe that it truly meets the needs of students ranging from the slow to the advanced. We have taken great pains to show parents how to teach concepts and what to do when a child is struggling. This is not just a series of lesson plans - there is plenty of teaching advice throughout the book. We also give plenty of suggestions for those whose children are progressing rapidly.
For those of you with 5th graders who are behind or have gaps, we strongly suggest you purchase this curriculum.
For how this 4th grade math book fits into the progress of math in the Christopherus Curriculum, see:
Visit the 4th grade math section of our Amazon store for ideas for further enrichment resources.
Please note: this book is a component of the Christopherus Fourth Grade Mathematics Bundle and can not be purchased without the Key To workbooks
Important note for non-US customers: To order Fourth Grade Mathematics with metric measurement components for math (instead of standard US measurements) be sure to choose the metric option Here.