Daily Rhythms Homeschool Planner
created by Amy McGehee-Lee to accompany the Christopherus Curriculum
For years homeschooling parents using our Christopherus Syllabi have been asking for a planner and now we have one for you. With the help of Barbara Benson, Christopherus' Consultant, and Christopherus' Homeschool Journey readers (Thank You!!!) , Amy McGehee-Lee, homeschooling mom and owner of, Magic Hollow Etsy shop specializing in homeschool planners, has designed a planner that is uniquely tailored to be used with the Christopherus curriculum. It is an open ended tool for parents to use to organize and plan out their family's homeschool year. The complete planner comes to you as a .pdf so that you can pick and choose to print what you want to include in your personal planner.
Practical Planning Section – This is the how to section of the planner. It includes:
- excerpts from the planning sections in the Christopherus Syllabus addressing topics such as rhythms and schedules, seasonal festivals and schedules with siblings
- a step-by-step process, allowing you to see one way in which you can utilize the planner to assist you on your journey of creating a beautiful homeschool year
- examples pages of schedules, main lesson block order for multiple children, circle time, and main lesson and subject lesson details for multiple grades
Imagining Your Year Section – This is the section that allows you to begin laying out your year in a very simple and straightforward way. It includes:
- an academic year-at-a-glance calendar with a list of festivals commonly celebrated in Waldorf communities, along with their dates for the coming academic year
- month-by-month festival, birthday and family time planning pages
- a very unique week-by-week guide for laying out your main lesson blocks for multiple children
- an efficient system for listing all of your resources for each block and lesson
- yearly journaling questions that will help you bring your year into a space glowing with your highest intentions
- a daily schedule worksheet that will assist you in finding your own daily rhythm that works for you and your family, using the natural rhythm of head, heart and hands.
The months August 2016 – July 2017 (a whole year) broken down into the weeks within each month.
Each month includes:
- quotes from Rudolf Steiner, hand-picked for each month of the entire year
- articles selected from the Christopherus archives, to inspire and guide you at the beginning of each month
- a monthly calendar with plenty of space to pencil-in your own appointments, birthdays, playdate, etc.
- a monthly planning page to help you bring your monthly goals and challenges into sharp focus
- a new circle worksheet for each month
- a book list and supply list
- monthly journaling questions
Each week within the months includes:
- a reading list
- main lesson planning page, with the option of printing as many of these as needed (for multiple children in the grades)
- five daily sheets, with space to write down activities by the hour or half hour
- meal planning sheet with space for planning breakfast, snack, lunch and dinner for each week day, along with space to plan your weekend meals
- a weekend to-do list
- weekly journaling questions
Ongoing Lists and Notes Section – this is the last section of the planner
- a place to keep ongoing lists and ideas that you may not need right now, but want to remember for the future
- beautiful, original artwork scattered throughout the planner!
- the planner is designed to be printed with ease; looks beautiful in black and white or color; print month by month or all at once, it’s up to you!
- beautifully designed Cover, with original artwork by April Azbill and Amy McGehee-Lee
The planner is being sold by Amy on her Etsy store, Magic Hollow. Clicking on the “Buy Planner” Button will take you out of the Christopherus bookstore and directly to Amy's shop.