by Donna Simmons
$20.00 – $30.00 | Understanding our pricing
Our fully-revised second edition gives you material to use to put together a 6 week main lesson block. Includes 5 full-page illustrations. This book provides the guidance, lesson plans, activities, schedules and goals for your main lesson.
- Why study Roman history?
- How to organize this main lesson including advice on teacher preparation, how to choose and use books, studying Latin, teaching writing and more
- Six Week Main Lesson Schedule
- Key elements in Roman history
- Important dates in Roman history
- Summaries - These are written by Donna to use either as inspiration for your own summaries of work you've covered with your child or as they are. They can be copied by the student directly into his Main Lesson book or used as dictations. See our Homeschoolers' Work pages for more on main lesson books.
- Drawings and Maps - Use these to base your own drawings and maps on.
- Detailed instructions for how to draw a mosaic and make a mosaic tile
- Poems - Can be copied into main lesson books and/or memorized.
- Study Guides - Suggestions for how to read and discuss The Bronze Bow with your child.
- Examples of student work. For more examples see our gallery of homeschoolers' work
- Resources - Detailed discussion on how to choose and use books for teacher background; to read with your child; and for your child to read herself.
This book is part of our Sixth Grade Roman History Bundle and while it is possible to create a satisfactory Roman History main lesson without the second book in the bundle, Ancient Rome, one must then be prepared to undertake considerably more research so as to create one's own narratives.